Senate Caucus Biweekly Report: Sept 5th – 25th 2017
Read the report here. Read the highlights after the jump.
September 27, 2017 | Erin Sobat | The Senators' blog
Welcome back to the Senator’s Corner! This is where we will be posting biweekly senator reports. These reports will include:
- Senate/Faculty Committee Updates
- Highlights from Senate Caucus Meetings
- Projects the Senators are working on
- Highlights from SSMU Legislative Council
- and MORE!
Check out the highlights from those meetings here in their latest biweekly report!
A few highlights:
- Chris Buddle, Dean of Students gave a presentation on the McGill Context, and his work to update the McGill Code of Conduct
- Suzanne Fortier (Principal of McGill), and Ollivier Dyens (Deputy Provost of Student Life and Learning) attend caucus for the first hour and shared some institutional on Senate and the role of student senators.
- Discussed the Know Your Rights Campaign, and possible changes for next semester.
Minutes of each Senate Caucus meeting is available upon request via email.
If you’re interested in attending a Senate Caucus meeting to learn more about what the Senators do, feel free to email me (the UA Secretary) to get more information. Senate Caucus meetings are held every Monday at 6:30 PM in the SSMU Office.