SSMU Executive nominations are now open! Find more information on requirements and the nominations process here. Check out our February 9th Report to the Legislative Council to learn more about the busy upcoming month of advocacy projects.
Recent UA highlights:
- Submitted motions to February 15th Senate meeting regarding formal recognition of Black History Month & review of Board of Governors practices
- Circulated joint letter from McGill Communities Council (MCC) regarding concerns with Board of Governors (related to recommendations from SSMU research report)
- Bringing Policy against Unpaid Internship, revised Equity Policy and revised Indigenous Solidarity Policy to SSMU Legislative Council this week (first readings)
- Currently determining best means to address ongoing issues with implementation & communication of new “stepped care” model in Student Services
- Working with Social Equity & Diversity Education (SEDE) Office, Campus Life & Engagement (CL&E), Scholarships & Student Aid Office (SSAO), Enrolment Services & other units to develop more targeted student support programs (first generation students, students from foster care, etc)
- Open Educational Resources Researcher is presenting at Legislative Council meeting this week!
Winter goals completed to-date (italics = since last report):
- Released first generation students research report
- Initiated Indigenous course content advocacy
- Developed long-term student staffing plan
- Organized Student Senator Info Session
- Hosted Add-Drop “Know Your Student Rights” campaign