As an undergraduate student on the downtown campus, you are automatically a SSMU member. SSMU defends your interests to the University, the local community, and the government. It’s your advocate and support, providing you with resources and opportunities, ensuring that your money is put to good use, and voicing your concerns to the University and other groups.
Do you want to know what each Executive does? What are their plans for this academic year? Check out the SSMU Executive Goals & Objectives (2016-2017).
Some highlights from the Vice-President (University Affairs) include:
- Working for the smoother integration of Mental Health & Counselling Services;
- Combatting abuses of ancillary fees, including ending central overhead deductions;
- Advocating for an effective McGill Sexual Violence Policy;
- Implementing a Fall Reading Break in the academic calendar;
- Passing a SSMU Policy Against Unpaid Internships;
- Establishing dedicated racialized student support resources;
- Developing a more consistent & equitable model of academic accommodations.
Have questions about these objectives? Watch for bi-weekly reports from the VP University Affairs to the SSMU Legislative Council, or get in touch now.