How is it almost December already? Procrastinate from your exam studying by reading our December 1st Council Report to learn where planned projects have landed this term!
Stay tuned for a January progress report along with revised goals for the Winter 2017 term.
Recent UA highlights:
- The McGill Policy against Sexual Violence was unanimously approved by McGill Senate on November 23rd (now awaiting final approval by the Board of Governors on December 1st);
- We are recruiting volunteers for the January Know Your Rights campaign; sign up by December 9th!
- Student Services has implemented a new category of “urgent appointments” for Counselling and Mental Health Services, beginning December 1st;
- We submitted a question regarding Faculty internship programs to the December Senate meeting;
- The Association of McGill University Support Employees (AMUSE) has reached a tentative agreement with the administration; more details will be announced in the coming weeks;
- The VP UA is currently working with Universities Allied for Essential Medicines (UAEM) & the Associate Vice-Principal (Innovation) to implement a global access licensing framework for health innovations;
- We are recruiting for a new Harmful Military Technology Researcher; apply by December 8th!
Fall goals completed to-date (italics = since last report):
- Submit question at every Senate meeting
- Sexual Violence Policy approved at Senate
- Establish POC-only Wellness Recovery Action Planning (WRAP) groups
- 500 like count on SSMU University Affairs Facebook page
- Filled all seats on university committees
- Held goal setting meetings with each senator
- Identified “Equity Network” groups
- Hosted Consent Week panel on power dynamics
- Accountability Policy & Committee revisions approved
- Launched new University Affairs listserv
- Re-launched Student Rights website
- Organized Add-Drop “Know Your Rights” campaign
- 500 like count on SSMU Equity Facebook page
- Hosted 2nd annual Student Academic Summit
- Launched new University Affairs website
- Provided union feedback for HR cyclical review
- Provided student feedback for Enrolment Services cyclical review