Final Fall Update: December 1st Council Report
November 28, 2016 | Erin Sobat | The University Affairs staff blog
How is it almost December already? Procrastinate from your exam studying by reading our December 1st Council Report to learn where planned projects have landed this term!
Stay tuned for a January progress report along with revised goals for the Winter 2017 term.
Recent UA highlights:
- The McGill Policy against Sexual Violence was unanimously approved by McGill Senate on November 23rd (now awaiting final approval by the Board of Governors on December 1st);
- We are recruiting volunteers for the January Know Your Rights campaign; sign up by December 9th!
- Student Services has implemented a new category of “urgent appointments” for Counselling and Mental Health Services, beginning December 1st;
- We submitted a question regarding Faculty internship programs to the December Senate meeting;
- The Association of McGill University Support Employees (AMUSE) has reached a tentative agreement with the administration; more details will be announced in the coming weeks;
- The VP UA is currently working with Universities Allied for Essential Medicines (UAEM) & the Associate Vice-Principal (Innovation) to implement a global access licensing framework for health innovations;
- We are recruiting for a new Harmful Military Technology Researcher; apply by December 8th!
Fall goals completed to-date (italics = since last report):
- Submit question at every Senate meeting
- Sexual Violence Policy approved at Senate
- Establish POC-only Wellness Recovery Action Planning (WRAP) groups
- 500 like count on SSMU University Affairs Facebook page
- Filled all seats on university committees
- Held goal setting meetings with each senator
- Identified “Equity Network” groups
- Hosted Consent Week panel on power dynamics
- Accountability Policy & Committee revisions approved
- Launched new University Affairs listserv
- Re-launched Student Rights website
- Organized Add-Drop “Know Your Rights” campaign
- 500 like count on SSMU Equity Facebook page
- Hosted 2nd annual Student Academic Summit
- Launched new University Affairs website
- Provided union feedback for HR cyclical review
- Provided student feedback for Enrolment Services cyclical review