It’s already November, and the SSMU Senators’ fourth biweekly report is here! You can also find our previous biweekly reports here.
A few highlights:
- Welcoming the recently-elected VP University Affairs of MacDonald Campus Students’ Society (MCSS), Jade Corriveau, to SSMU Senate Caucus. Here’s to a stronger connection between Mac and the Downtown Campuses in important student issues! Her reports are included in the PDF.
- Angela Campbell (Associate Provost, Policies, Procedures, and Equity) and Christopher Manfredi (Provost) came in to Caucus for a Q&A about the Policy Against Sexual Violence. We asked questions loosely based on the consultation report recently published by SSMU and PGSS. The Provost also claimed that the Office of Sexual Violence Response, Support, and Education will most likely start operating by the Winter term, if the policy were to pass in Senate this November as planned.
- We discussed the Non-Smoking Policy at McGill, and responses from different parties on campus.
Minutes of each Senate Caucus meeting is available upon request via email.
If you’re interested in attending a Senate Caucus meeting to learn more about what the Senators do, feel free to email me (the UA Secretary) to get more information. Senate Caucus meetings are held every Monday at 6:30 PM in the SSMU Office.
Can you believe that we’re almost halfway through the semester? We hope that midterms are going well and that you’re still making time for self-care!
This past weekend at the Student Academic Summit, we officially launched our SSMU University Affairs website! The site is your centralized resource for information on student representation, research, and advocacy at McGill. Check out my October 20th report for other updates from the UA portfolio.
- Proposed revisions to draft Policy Against Sexual Violence include centralized prevention & response office, recognition of professor-student relationships, & more
- Submitted Senate question regarding relocation of McGill Bookstore
- McGill Enrolment Services undergoing cyclical review this November; will be collecting student feedback on Service Point, Exams Office, Registrar, Admissions, & more
- New Senior Director of Student Services announced: Martine Gauthier will begin in January
- Town Hall on proposed smoke-free campus next Tuesday, October 25th from 2:30-4:30pm (Redpath Museum Auditorium)
- Organizing cultural appropriation workshop for next week
Fall goals completed to-date (italics = since last report):